skipthetips.org is a Social Enterpise (a not-for profit organisation, a social purpose business pursuing social responsibility directly and raising funds for charitable projects)
This means we try and be financially sustainable through our 'enterprising' activities but our social impacts (the way we help change people's lives) are at the core of why we are doing what we do.
A Social Enterprise is an organization that applies commercial strategies to maximise improvements in human and environmental well-being, rather than maximizing profits for external shareholders.
Have you ever bought the Big Issue? Watched Jamie Oliver's Fifteen? Well, then you already know a bit about Social Enterprises, businesses that are changing the world for the better.
Social Enterprises are organisations that trade to tackle social problems, improve communities, people's life chances and the environment.
As a not-for-profit company all profits are re-invested into the business and the community.
What does skipthetips.org do?
Our aim is to bring awareness to your community by highlighting the crisis facing our local councils due to the overuse of landfill sites (tips) Our objective is to help you help us recycle your unwanted items. These donated items will then be available for sale to the general public via our retail stores in the UK.
skipthetips.org will accept and/or collect (free service) clothing, furniture, white goods, electrical items, bric-a-brac etc from your local community.
skipthetips.org research confirms that at least 75% of a car boots content will be recyclable. Ordinarily, 100% of the car boots content would end up on landfill sites (tips).
As a Social Enterprise any profits will be used for charitable projects.
Below are several of the projects/initiatives that skipthetips.org focus on
* Disadvantaged children and adults
* Combating loneliness
* Building stronger communities
* Reducing poverty in the UK
Unfortunately, we do not sponsor any projects outside of the UK at this present time.
We give grants and sponsorship for ..........
1. Environmental issues
2. Children and young people under the age of 18 years and under experiencing disadvantage including illness, distress, abuse or neglect.
3. Any kind of disability
4. Behavioural or psychological difficulties
5. Living in poverty
We fund organisations working to combat the above.
We can not give grants or sponsorship.......
* For work with statutory bodies (such as local authorities)
* To local government or NHS bodies
* For projects that promote any form of religion
* To fund trips abroad
* Any projects outside of the UK at this present time
* For medical research
* For pregnancy testing, advice or counselling on such
* For bursaries, sponsored place, fees etc
* To individuals
* Help with budget shortfalls or debt repayment
* Unspecified expenditure
* For organisational overheads or running costs
HOW TO APPLY
All applications will only be considered in writing. We usually make decisions within 6 months of the application.